Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Good Luck Brad!

It's been over a week since I posted, the main reason is because my scanner isn't working right but I decided until it was fixed I would just take the photos myself.  This post is a bit late, I planned to do this on Monday but the scanner problems once again hurt my chances at a post. Well onto the auto, this post is in honor of the man pictured, Brad Ausmus.

Ausmus retired from baseball on Sunday after playing 18 MLB seasons.  Ausmus played for the Padres, Tigers, Astros and this season for the Dodgers. This season he played for the Dodgers but missed most of the season because of injury.  In 71 at bats this season, Ausmus batted .222 with two RBIs.

Brad had a hell of a career being a three-time Gold Glover and was an All-Star in 1999 with the Tigers.  In a bit under 2,000 MLB games, Ausmus batted .251 with 80 home runs and 607 RBIs.  Ausmus finishes his MLB career tenth all-time in fielding percentage at .994.

I wish Brad all the best in his life after baseball and would like to thank him for taking the time earlier this season to sign this card for me.  I personally think we will see Ausmus as a manager/coach in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment