Tuesday, August 24, 2010

TTM Success 8/23/10- The Future of Pirates Pitching

This is my first TTM I received this week and somehow I always seem to be posting my TTMs a day late.

This card is autographed by Pirates pitching prospect, Zack Von Rosenberg. Von Rosenberg helped his high school team win four straight state championships.  Von Rosenberg was expected to be drafted higher but due to a strong commitment to LSU, he slipped to the sixth round. 

Von Rosenberg is currently in his second season in professional baseball after having a perfect inning last season in the rookie league.  He is now with the State College Spikes, the Pirates A- team.  Von Rosenberg currently has a great ERA of 3.20 but he has hardly received any run support due to that he is 1-6.

Though the Pirates have been a subpar baseball team for awhile I believe he can help the team when he makes it to the bigs and I greatly appreciate that he took the time to sign this card for my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment