Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Bad Trip to Target

Today I took a trip to Target today in hopes of picking up some nice cards for my collection. I decided to buy one of those packages that has an autograph and four packs and costs 12 bucks.  Then I also decided to pick up a value pack of this year's NBA Panini Prestige.

So I started to open the 12 dollar autograph package first.  I decided to save the autograph for last and open the four packs first.  The packs included a 2007 Topps, a 2004 Donruss Studio, a 2007 Fleer Ultra and a 2008 Topps Stadium Club.

In all of those packs which added up to 21 cards, I did not receive one Mets card or Red Sox and only two rookie cards.  I was fine with that until I got to my autographed card.
First off, I thought the card looked very nice.  It had a jersey piece, a cut autograph and was numbered to 999.  I really liked the card until I looked at the name on the card, Dave Crouthers.  Crouthers was an Orioles prospect and never made it past Double-A.  His career record in the minors was 30-25 with an ERA of 4.07.  I like to collect minor leaguers but I would never pay twelve dollars for an autograph of a guy who never made in past Double-A and is already out of baseball.  I know there are a bunch of Orioles collectors on here, to all Orioles collectors I'm sure you would like this card more than me, If you would like it just post a comment and we could make a deal.   Needless to say, I probably will never buy this product again.

Here are the two rookie cards:

After that came the value pack of this year's NBA Panini Prestige, I really like the look of the cards and came away with a couple for my PC.  I came away with a nice new Amare, Knicks card as well as some nice retired players, a Jordan Crawford rookie card and a Carl Landry numbered to 499.  I have to say I was much happier with the Panini Value Pack then the 12 dollar autograph package.  Here are the Crawford and Landry cards.
I will be back to my usual TTM postings in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment